Eulachons (fwd)

Tue Apr 6 01:39:37 UTC 1999

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:23:35 -0700
From: lisapeppan at juno.com
To: drobert at TINCAN.TINCAN.ORG
Subject: Re: Eulachons

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 David Robertson <drobert at TINCAN.TINCAN.ORG> writes:

>BTW, I reckon you could carry 5,000 eulachons around pretty easily,
>just in case you ran into some hungry people.

Well, you know, eating a lot of eulachons *can* make a person sick.
Example, my gr'gr'grandfather. According to the info I have, it was all
they had to eat at Fort Langley for a short time period in spring of
1830, and it made him sick enough that the next day he got up the face of
the head guy and demanded a better quality and selection of food.

For what it's worth.

Lisa
IBSSG
Edmonds, WA