Eulachons (fwd)

Tue Apr 6 01:40:30 UTC 1999

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:13:16 -0700
From: lisapeppan at juno.com
To: drobert at tincan.tincan.org
Subject: Re: Eulachons

> Hayash mersi pus ukuk ma munk c'Em, Lisa,

> May I forward your excellent note to the list, please, please?

> Dret lhush pulakli khapa mayka.

You most certainly may.  :)

In fact -- in you choose, good sir -- the May 1830 journal entry that I
made reference to says, and I quote:

Friday 7th. Had 2 Galls. Indian Corn put in the ground today, bad as the
weather is -- yesterday our Blksmith from eating to excess of the Small
Ullachans, in such abundance now among them, did not feel disposed to
work & today my Gentleman presented himself before me for Something
better than ordinary to feast on while he Should keep the house -- His
tone & insolence, not at all uncommon with him, at length provoked me to
lay the Ruler across his skull, & I dare Say he will continue Some days
Still off duty.

Lisa
IBSSG
Edmonds, WA