OTIC group update

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at TELEPORT.COM
Sun Jun 27 21:17:02 UTC 1999

The Oregon City Jargonauts met yesterday at the Interpretive Center
and we had a fine time.  Tony was unable to attend, but erstwhile
members Emmett, John and Jeff were there as well as two new visitors:
One lady came after a correspondent in Argentina asked her if she
could speak Chinook Jargon (he had read or heard that all Oregonians
could; he was perhaps correct, if only 125 years out of date).  Also,
former Oregon City mayor Ron Tom came.  He is quite familiar with
local native and pioneer history, and we had a nice chat.

John will be out of town next month, but we will still have a meeting
(I'll be there); Saturday, July 24 at 3 pm, at the Oregon Trail
Interpretive Center in Oregon City.  See you there!

Regards,

Jeff