translation of: Qhanchi nEsayka chaku-kanamakwst pus ChInUk-Lu7lu?

Mon Jun 28 02:44:30 UTC 1999

Howdy, folks,

Here's the translation of Tony's message.  Let's discuss this.  Our
planning group should be giving you an outline of the planned activities
real soon.--Dave

TRANSLATION:When shall we meet for the Chinook Gathering?

Everybody,

We'll meet for that "Chinook Gathering" in August, on the 13th.  And we'll
be ending it that Sunday.  That's the 15th.  Anybody want to translate my
note into English?  We'll talk soon, bye.

ORIGINAL NOTE
From: Tony Johnson <tony.johnson at grandronde.org>
Subject: Qhanchi nEsayka chaku-kanamakwst pus ChInUk-Lu7lu?

Kanawi-Laksta,

NEsayka chaku-kanamakwst pus ukuk "ChInUk lu?lu" khapa stutkIn-mun khapa
taLam-pi-Lun mamunk (san).  Pi nEsayka munk-khapIt ukuk lu?lu khapa ukuk
shanti.  TaLam-pi-qwInEm mamunk (san) ukuk.  Laksta Las tIki munk-bastEn
nayka c!Em?  Wik-lili nEsayka wawa pi LaXayEm.

Tony A. Johnson
Sawash-IlI?i (Grand Ronde, OR)