Ukuk sandi ya-"Laksta kEmtEks?"/This week's quiz

Mon May 10 16:46:46 UTC 1999

LaXayEm, chInUk-wawa tIlxam kanawi-qha, pi kanawi ship khapa uk
salt-c!Eqw...

Klahowyam, Chinook wawa tillicum konaway kah, pe konaway ship kopa oke
salt chuck...

Hello, Chinook talkers everywhere, and all the ships at sea...

Though the quiz looked like just one question, by the time I got done
playing with it there were 2 jokes in it that became questions too.

Well, I got a dose of my own medicine; you'll enjoy this:  One of you who
wek nayka wawa yaka nem, suggests that in classic Puget Sound Wawa (all
d's and b's, no n's and m's) "Cultus Bastards" would be a fine pun.  You
know, "Worthless Yankees"!

Sorry to explain the joke that much...Hope you got it, because it's good.

Lush msayka wawa Laksta chInUk ukuk san--
Kloshe spose mesika wawa klaksta Chinook okoke sun--
Speak Chinook to someone today!

Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html