New Y2K-compatible server -Reply

Tony Johnson tony.johnson at GRANDRONDE.ORG
Mon Nov 15 17:01:46 UTC 1999

Dave pi kanawi-Laksta,

Nayka munk-Xluwima khapa bastEn-wawa pus mEsayka.  Ayaq-ayaq nayka munk
kakwa...

I will "translate" to English for you.  I'm doing it quickly...

>>> David Robertson  <drobert at TINCAN.TINCAN.ORG> 11/12/99 06:22pm >>>
LhaXayEm...qhata mEsayka ukuk dreht Xluwima wam san?  (Hayu degrees
khapa
uk wam-c'Em stIk ukuk san.)

Hello...How are you all on this strange warm day?  (It is very warm  on
this hot ??? today.)

Wik lili pi nEsayka lIst ya lhatEwa khapa ixt chxi server kEmtEks
lakaseht.  Ukuk chxi server dreht skukUm pi wik alhqi ya chaku sIk khapa
uk "way-tu-khey" sIk.

Soon our "list" will move to a new computer "server."  That new server
is very stong and won't "crash" because of Y2K.

Alaxti wik alhqi mEsayka nanIch Ikta kEl, pi alaxti wik alhqi mEsayka
nanIch uk server ya munk Ikta khEltEsh.

Perhaps later you won't find things to be difficult, and perhaps later
you won't see the server doing bad things.

Lhaksta ya tIki munk ukuk c'Em pipa khapa BastEn wawa?

Who is it that wants to write this in English?

Alta na lhatEwa.

I'm going now.

Dave

WEXt tEnEs ikta...  NEsayka tiki wawa "t'waX-XumXum" pus bastEn
kHa'mputa.  Wawa nayka pus wik Lush nayka munk-Xluwima ukuk c'Em.

Tony A. Johnson
Sawash-ili?i (Grand Ronde, OR)

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN &
neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html