new article

Mike Cleven mike_cleven at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 31 08:32:20 UTC 2000

>From: David Lewis <coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>

>Sorry, old article but the Oregonian had todays day on the headline above,
>But its still a good article.

It is, except for attributing "Skookumchuk" (sic) as the name of a
Washington river.  Really?  I mean, I honestly didn't know.  There are three
such placenames in BC, of course, although none exactly describe a river per
se, rather 1) a large saltwater rapid exiting Sechelt Inlet 2) a community
adjacent to a rapid on the Lillooet River and 3) a rapids and adjacent
locality on the Columbia River in the East Kootenay.  Is there another in
Washington I haven't heard of?

MC