Carribbean languages

David Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri May 5 23:51:23 UTC 2000

Dear friends,
I was very interested in the recent discussion on Carribbean languages and
so I initiated contact with an online Taino indigenous organization. They
have proven receptive and are very interested in being 'somewhat' involved
in a discussion of their language. The letter below is their answer. Please
submit your questions to me so that I can then forward them to Principal
Chief Torres. I am doing things this way because he did not specify that he
wanted to receive a lot of emails or that I could give out his address.
Thank you.
David

From: "Principal Chief Pedro Guanikeyu Torres"
Disposition-Notification-To: "Principal Chief Pedro Guanikeyu Torres"
<JTTN at Taino-Tribe.Org>

Tau Ah Taiuey Guaitaio,
Hello And Good day Friend,

             I would like to take part but I do not think that I will be able
to answer
e-mail messages as a subscribed members of your list. The reason being
that I am almost always on the road. I may be able to answer some of the
messages when I have the time. If its an issue related to the Taino people
of the Caribbean and Florida Diaspora.
             If we can work along these lines then may be I can take part in
your
  mailing list. I wished that I did not have so many responsibilities as a
Tribal Nation  Head of State.

Respectfully yours,
Pedro Guanikeyu Torres, Principal Chief
        Jatibonicu Taino Tribal Council
Great People of the Sacred High Waters
Jatibonicu Taino Tribal Nation of Boriken

TRIBAL GOVERNMENT CONTACT INFORMATION:
Jatibonicu' Taino Tribal Nation Home Page, Puerto Rico
http://www.taino-tribe.org/jatiboni.html
El Consejo Taino de Jatibonicu
PO Box #253, Orocovis, PR 00720-0253

Tekesta Taino Tribal Band of Bimini Florida, USA
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/Tekesta/
Tekesta Taino Tribal Band of Bimini  Florida
8902 N. Military Trail, #315 Palm Beach Gardens, FL  33410

Jatibonicu Taino Tribal Band of New Jersey, USA
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/taino/jatibonuco.html
The Taino Tribal Council of Jatibonicu:
US Regional Tribal Affairs Office
703 South 8th St. Vineland, NJ 08360
Tel: 1-856-690-1565  Fax: 856-825-7922

 ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
               David Gene Lewis
         P.O. Box 3086
Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Home 541.684.9003  Cell 541.954.2466
Fax 541.346.0668

talapus at kalapuya.com, coyotez at darkwing.uoregon.edu,
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~coyotez
http://www.kalapuya.com
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~coyotez

Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community, Kalapuya Tribe