Leschi & "no English except a few CJ words"!

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at QWEST.NET
Wed Apr 11 07:16:53 UTC 2001

It's from a biography of Chief Leschi at the Web site of the Chief
Leschi School, formerly known as the Puyallup Tribal School.
http://www.leschi.bia.edu/warrior.htm

I think what was meant is he "never learned English except for a few
words (found within) Chinook jargon."

Jeff