New Link: Lower Chinook Ethnographic Notes

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Mon Jul 9 03:42:50 UTC 2001

Jeffrey Kopp wrote:

> Well, I probably shouldn't have brought up copasetic again, as its
> Jargon origin is almost certainly myth, but I couldn't help making
> mention of my discovery that there was some established misconception
> about it out there (i.e., I hadn't confabulated it entirely).

I'm wondering what Terry G's take on this might be, given that he's one
of the more knowledgeable about BC folk culture.  For surely copascetic
- or "everything's copascetic" - is as much a part of BC English as it
is Northwest English; and goes back a long ways here, too.  Any
thoughts, Terry?

Mike