Ourigan article

David Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Tue Jul 10 19:26:35 UTC 2001

Klahowya friends,
This is a heads up on an article which will be in the next Oregon
Historical Quarterly, due out at the end of this week. Scott Byram and I
have written an article on the origins of the word Oregon. The Register
Guard in Eugene and the Oregonian will both be writing articles about our
research. These articles will appear in the Wednesday edition of each
paper. For the interests of the CJ listserve, we include a linguistics
section in our article. For those of you who do not get OHQ, got to their
website in the next week and they are planning on putting the full
article "Ourigan, Wealth of the Northwest Coast," up for all to read. The
University of Oregon will also be putting out a press release on their
website. We would be happy to hear your responses to our article.

David Lewis