Tlingit CJ sound system? Q's about S.V. Johnson thesis

zenk at USWESTMAIL.NET zenk at USWESTMAIL.NET
Tue Mar 6 05:11:25 UTC 2001

I recall no examples at all of CW from Tlingit speakers in the usual sources.  Johnson did make field recordings from speakers in various places as part of his research.  Dale Kinkade would be the one to ask, unless you have any idea where Samuel Johnson can be reached these days (let me know, if you do).  I have the impression that Dale has, or has access to Johnson's tapes, or copies thereof:  I wrote to Dale once asking if there were any data from Oregon speakers--there weren't.  Henry

Signup for your free USWEST.mail Email account http://www.uswestmail.net