Nuxalk

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Thu Jun 13 08:11:05 UTC 2002

Alan H. Hartley wrote:
> Mike Cleven wrote:
>

>>That I hadn't heard, but it's not a name that turns up in the media
>>often;
>

> I would have thought that, with all the upheaval over logging on Nuxalk
> lands, "Nuxalk" would be a common name in the (English language) news.

It does; but not that often; that it does at all is why there's a
"standard" way of pronouncing it in English; y'see, there's upheaval
over logging on _all_ native lands in BC, which means that there's a
good two dozen peoples whose names figure at least as often; some, like
the Haida, Nisga'a or Gitksan, much more often.

--
Mike Cleven
http://www.cayoosh.net (Bridge River Lillooet history)