KIWA

phil cash cash pasxapu at DAKOTACOM.NET
Wed Aug 4 04:31:29 UTC 2004

interesting Henry, there looks to be some phonological/semantic
similarity between Molala tae:qti-, ta:qti- 'above, high up' and the
word for hat in Sahaptian (Sahaptin and Nez Perce).

táqmaathl 'hat' (Warm Springs Sahaptin)
táaqmaathl 'hat' (Nez Perce)

this is assuming a lot though as /tak/ or /taq/ has other potential
correspondences, such as taks 'ear' (Cayuse).

phil cash cash (cayuse/nez perce)
ph.d student in the joint program in anthropology & linguistics
UofA