siwash cosho for "seal"

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Thu Sep 16 21:10:20 UTC 2004

Oh yeah, I should clarify, that I'm referring to the expression
"siwash cosho," not the CJ word "kosho" itself, which originates
from french. The idea I fancy (for a fancy is all it can be for a
non-linguist like me) is that maybe k'ash ch'u entered CJ as cosho,
but "siwash" was added to distinguish the animal as being a
different kind.