Kamooks - Dog

vincent yann janilta at YAHOO.FR
Thu Sep 23 17:53:56 UTC 2004

Hello,

Difficult to guess what was the intended pronunciation
by Franchere but I don't see why he would write a mute
x in kamoux.
Indeed, the x is mute in Sioux but I think it is often
felt as a plural to French speakers and x as plural
marker is not rare in French.
I may add that the x can be heard in the colloquial
use of 'sioux' for 'smart, clever, cunning'.
My guess is thus 'kamooks'.

Cheers, Yann