Looking for "Auxime"

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Tue Sep 28 03:40:07 UTC 2004

Do you mean the Nicola for whom the Nicola valley (north of Merritt) was named?
  That particular Nicola grew potatoes and sold them to the Kamloops Fort c.
  1840 or so. He was an important fellow, called a chief, and he had a lot
of wives. John Todd mentions him frequently in his journal. There is a website
which has a very good bio about him, I think. If that's the guy you are looking
for, I could probably find the website again. Or perhaps this is another fellow?

-- Leanne (http://timetemple.com)