Looking for "Auxime"

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Sep 29 18:44:44 UTC 2004

Thanks, Leanne,

I've just turned up one reference to the name Auxime.  This one would be a
Secwepemc (Shuswap) man, but maybe his first name was Nicola due to a
connection with the chief you mentioned.  I'll quote from a letter written
by Nicola Auxime, reprinted in Kamloops Wawa in August 1896:

"North Thompson, away up in the
Mountains of British Columbia,
June 1st, 1896.

To Mr. William Buckley,