ICSNL '06 @ UVic: Chinuk mini-gathering?

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Fri Aug 26 15:14:52 UTC 2005

Naika tlus tilikom, naika tiki wawa kopa msaika,

I'm told the 41st International Conference on Salish & Neighbouring
Languages (the "Salish Conference") will be held next summer here at the
University of Victoria.

Dates remain to be worked out, though traditionally the conference is in
the middle of August.

Assuming that people will be submitting papers on Chinuk Wawa to ICSNL,
this would be a good opportunity for a Chinuk mini-gathering.  Informally
we could meet up for barbeques or picnics, share information and give folks
the chance to practice their Wawa.

I would be happy to do some shorthand tutoring if that's wanted.

--Dave R