Another one: Lemolo <=> Untrained Horse

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Sun Jan 30 12:16:24 UTC 2005

Thanks for the link! According to the site at that link, Marron as
a horse color would be equivalent to the American English 'Bay',
which is a brown horse with black mane and tail. A quick glance at
some pictures of wild mustangs in the Chilcotin district of British
Columbia does show Bay colored horses among them.

For people following the Cayuse thread, here is a link I found
about the Elegesi Qiyus, B.C.'s wild horse preserve.

http://www.umanitoba.ca/manitoban/20031029/nf_02.html

Here is another interesting link about the horses specifically:

http://members.shaw.ca/save-wild-
horses/Research%20Paper%20-%20R.%20Alison.htm

Marron as a color, was some sort of reddish brown (as opposed to
our related english word Maroon, a purply red). There is also some
kind of nut of the chestnut family called a Marron.

However when it came to the French Canadians, one commentator I
read claimed that the French Canadians used "Marron" to refer to
all wild animals. John Todd only used it to describe horses and I
would guess he picked up that word from his staff.

I wonder if that means there was a resident herd of wild Mustangs
at Kamloops, or if he is just referring to his colts.