Stikine = Tlingit?

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 13 07:47:05 UTC 2005

I would think that "Stikine" is rather Tahltan.
Francisc

David Robertson <ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU> wrote:
I was reading an 1893 copy of Kamloops Wawa today that refers to a woman
named Patty, of Lytton, BC, married to a white man, as being a "Stikin".
This has to be "Stikine". Just to be clear, would she be a Tlingit
woman? Interesting to read of such a marriage before the Klondyke gold
rush.

--Dave R

To respond to the CHINOOK list, click 'REPLY ALL'. To respond privately to the sender of a message, click 'REPLY'. Hayu masi!