OT: name of Vancouver BC

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Thu Feb 22 21:04:26 UTC 2007

Hi David!

That touches almost the whole BC Coast and a lot of the Interior, too.
My expectation would be that everyone living away from Vanc. who
interacted shared at least one name for the place. With the growth of
Vancouver there was tons of movement and interaction between everyone on
the coast and along major river systems. No coincidence there.

Maybe a Kwak'wala speaker happened to come up with the catchiest name?

^_^

Leanne