Seattle was called "New York Alki", wasn't it?

Jordan Fink jordan at RISEUP.NET
Fri Jan 12 07:33:13 UTC 2007

In xʷəlšucid it's dzilalich (I can't find my dictionary for the
exact spelling so this is probably wrong spelling)

--
"No person may invoke the Geneva Conventions, or any protocols thereto, in
any habeas or civil action or proceeding to which the United States, or a

"[T]o secure... rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving
their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any
Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of
the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such
form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and
Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long
established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and
accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to
suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing
the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses
and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to
reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty,
to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future
security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and
such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former
Systems of Government." - The The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen
united States of America, 1776.