Seattle was called "New York Alki", wasn't it?

Yakima Belle yakimabelle at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 12 07:50:36 UTC 2007

The idea was the name supposedly meant "bye and bye
New York" or "someday this will be like NY."

Of course, who knows how accurate all the family
stories are or aren't. B^)

--- David Robertson <ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU> wrote:

> Thanks, Nadja.  It could be argued that your mom's
> version is better CJ
> grammar.  Adverbs usually go first in the
> sentence.......Dave
>
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:59:59 -0800, Yakima Belle
> <yakimabelle at YAHOO.COM>
> wrote:
>
> >Actually it was Alki New York. Or so mom told me.
> B^)
>
> To respond to the CHINOOK list, click 'REPLY ALL'.
> To respond privately to the sender of a message,
> click 'REPLY'.  Hayu masi!

Gun control is to criminology as Lysenkoism is to Biology.

Be a PS3 game guru.