Seattle was called "New York Alki", wasn't it?

lisa abbott da_nason at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 13 20:07:35 UTC 2007

Hiya-

That's what I meant by these days.  I'm a half breed and was put up for
adoption at birth.  I grew up with white people and got my share of
insulting innuendos and strange questions because people could tell by my
skin and hair color that I was something other than white but didn't want to
ask straight out.

When I began to learn about my family background I went to the Muckleshoot
reservation to meet the only direct relative still living and visited the
graveyard that alot of my relations were buried in.  The acre or so of land
doubled as the reservation dump.  Fortunately my mother etc were buried a
few hundred feet from the pile of garbage.  At that time I was not
particularly excited about being indian.