Indian CJ pronunciation sources and a few words

Tony Johnson Tony.Johnson at GRANDRONDE.ORG
Tue Sep 25 16:16:16 UTC 2007

khanawi-Laksta,

As always, when we speak about this topic, I send my apologies for not
finishing our dictionary and grammar of Grand Ronde Chinuk Wawa faster.
I would remind people though that our virtual gallery (linked below) has
access to some good original materials that reflect the language as
spoke in Grand Ronde.  As an update, we are getting closer to
publication of our dictionary, and have made a decision to include a
number of other good local sources of the language in the overall
project.  One of these, the work of Demers, Blanchet and St. Onge,
deserves a closer look by folks interested in indigenous pronunciation.
Henry, or someone else on the list, may want to comment on the character
set used in their work to help with pronunciation.

http://www.grandronde.org/culture/ikanum

aLqi tsa wawa.

hayu masi (many thanks),

Tony A. Johnson