Source of tanlki "yesterday"

James Crippen jcrippen at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 13 00:38:52 UTC 2008

Does anyone know the etymology of tanlki "yesterday"? I have it listed
in Sam Johnson's 1978 dissertation on Chinook Jargon, but no info on
the source language. It doesn't look like English or French.

Also is the first or last syllable stressed? I am curious because I am
looking at a possible loan of this from CJ into Tlingit, but stress is
probably the deciding factor.

Mási,
James