Source of tanlki "yesterday"

Rein Stamm stamm at TELUS.NET
Tue May 13 23:58:01 UTC 2008

James,

I cannot answer your question directly but I can tell you this:
Something similar appears in "Chinook and Shorthand Rudiments, with which the
Chinook Jargon and wawa shorthand......." [I'll spare you the rest]

It is "By the Editor of the "Kamloops Wawa"" and published in Kamloops, B.C.,
1898.

I have a photocopy, on page 8 "tanke-[illegible]" appears with the meaning as
yesterday.  I cannot make out the 3 (?) blurred letters that follow. The
shorthand symbol is also given.  The words listed are seperated into a French
and English section "tanke-[illegible]" appears in what I presume to be
the "Indian" section.

Regrds,
Rein