Corpora: Parallel corpora and French software

LDC Office ldc at unagi.cis.upenn.edu
Thu Jun 8 18:56:57 UTC 2000

Noelle,

It may be that the following two corpora are not entirely suitable
for your research, because they are primarily political and
legislative in their content.  But they are available from the
LDC, and you can check the LDC catalog web pages for further
information:

UN Parallel Text (English/Spanish/French)
http://morph.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/LDC94T4A.html

-- you can request just the English and French data, if you
prefer; the full corpus is a 3-cdrom set, with one language per
cdrom, one text document per data file, and alignment at the level
of document/file only.

Canadian Hansards (French/English)
http://morph.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/LDC95T20.html

-- a single cdrom containing
two distinct sets of parallel text; one set is aligned at the
sentence level, and the other (smaller) set is aligned at the
paragraph level (with additional alignment data for individual
word tokens within paragraphs).

Please write to ldc at ldc.upenn.edu if you would like further
information or are interested in purchasing either of these
collections.

Best,

Shannon Sears
Manager, Intellectual Property Rights and Membership
Linguistic Data Consortium          Phone: (215) 573-1275
3615 Market Street                  Fax:   (215) 573-2175
Suite 200                           email: ssears at ldc.upenn.edu
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2608         www: http://www.ldc.upenn.edu