Corpora: Parallel corpora and French software

Jean Veronis Jean.Veronis at newsup.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Jun 6 14:34:21 UTC 2000

At 15:07 06/06/2000 +0100, NOELLE-VERONIQUE SERPOLLET wrote:

>Ideally, I would like to gather a French/English parallel corpus
>(with the texts being aligned if possible).

I just answered another question on this list where I mentioned the ARCADE
corpus of ca. 1.5M words of Fr/En texts aligned at sentence level:

http://www.up.univ-mrs.fr/~veronis/arcade

The corpus is distributed by ELRA:

http://www.icp.grenet.fr/ELRA/home.html

>Furthermore, are you aware of corpus tools (taggers/lemmatizers)
>that I could use for my analyses of the French?
>(I know about Cordial 6 Universites and will probably purchase it,
>and I am currently working with ParaConc (Barlow, 1995)).
>
>I would be grateful if you could tell me where I could obtain
>a tagger/concordancer which would enable me to retrieve occurrences
>of the French subjunctive.

Cordial does it :

1       Il      il      PPER3S
2       faut    falloir VINDP3S