Corpora: Measures for the similarity between two sentences

Ken Litkowski ken at clres.com
Tue Nov 14 02:59:46 UTC 2000

I presented a paper at ACL-SIGLEX99 mapping dictionary definitions
between dictionaries
(http://www.clres.com/Comparison_of_Lexical_Resources.html), the methods
of which have been extended since.  In addition, in my
question-answering system, there are several methods used for comparing
a question with potential answers, where (non-statistical) similarity is
important.  I'll be putting up my TREC-9 paper (only an abstract now
available) shortly.  This work integrates syntactic and semantic clues
(including a semantic network of a real dictionary and thesaurus).

HTH,
	Ken

--
Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
CL Research                       EMAIL: ken at clres.com
9208 Gue Road
Damascus, MD 20872-1025 USA       Home Page: http://www.clres.com