Corpora: bilingual corpus - need advice/comments

Gabriella Rundblad G.Rundblad at uea.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 13:58:52 UTC 2001

Dear all,

First - Happy Easter!

Second - I've recently begun to work on a corpus using
material where two languages, Swedish and English, are
used. Instances of code-switching are comparatively easy to
handle, but instances of transfer have proven quite
difficult.

I'm turning to you for advice on how to go about the tricky
business of on the one hand producing a useful corpus and
on the other hand not overanalysing the material

Rather than take up your time on this list I have put
together a very short introduction to the corpus and the
problems I'm facing on the web - with examples:

http://www.uea.ac.uk/~r214/sac/

I hope that you will have time to have a look and I'm
grateful for any advice/comments you have to offer.

Thanks!

Gabriella

Dr Gabriella Rundblad
University of East Anglia
School of Language, Linguistics and Translation Studies
Norwich NR4 7TJ
UK