Corpora: Q: English/German/Polish thesauri

Andrew Harley aharley at cambridge.org
Wed Oct 10 16:26:09 UTC 2001

At 06:01 PM 08/10/2001 +0200, Adam Przepiorkowski wrote:

>Could anyone recommend any readily available mono- or
>multilingual electronic thesauri (understood as hierarchies
>of terms with relations such as broader term (BT) and
>narrower term (NT)) containing terms for any of the
>following topics:
>- geography,
>- law, finances,
>- science and technology,
>- industry,
>- medicine, pharmacy?
>
>I am interested mainly in such thesauri for English, German
>and Polish.
>
>If there are enough responses, I'll post a summary.
>
>Many thanks in advance.
>
>Best,
>
>	Adam P.

The Cambridge International Dictionary of English CD-ROM
http://uk.cambridge.org/elt/cide and SGML data
http://uk.cambridge.org/elt/reference/data.htm include thesaurus-style
related words coding for all senses, and may be of interest to you.

Andrew Harley
Electronic Development Manager
English Language Teaching & Dictionaries
Cambridge University Press

Direct line: (01223)325880

Cambridge Dictionaries Online (15 million searches to date):
http://dictionary.cambridge.org

Cambridge Learner's Dictionary (published February 2001):
http://uk.cambridge.org/elt/cld