Corpora: Named Entity Recognition Software

Ekaterini Pastra e.pastra at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 10:39:23 UTC 2001

Dear Dan,

you may want to give a look at GATE
(General Architecture for Text Engineering).
This is a platform for developing NLP applications, created
by the Natural Language Processing Group, at the University of
Sheffield.
It provides (among other) all the necessary modules for building a Named
Entity Recognition
tool for English and at the same time, it can be customized to your own
language
and processing resources.
Have a look at:
http://gate.ac.uk/

Best,
Katerina Pastra

Katerina Pastra
Research Assistant - ILASH Research Co-ordinator
Natural Language Processing Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Sheffield
tel. +44 114 2221945