Corpora: Historical background of Corpus Linguistics

edwards at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU edwards at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Apr 16 19:33:12 UTC 2002

Regarding the historical background of Corpus Linguistics,
this would be my top recommendation:

  Francis, W.N. Language Corpora B.C. Paper Presented at the Nobel
   Symposium on Corpus Linguistics, Stockholm, August 4-8, 1991.
   In Directions in Corpus Linguistics, ed. J. Svartvik, Berlin and
   New York: Moutin, 1992.

Best Wishes,

-Jane Edwards