Corpora: Corpus linguistics course

Calum Smollett calumsmollett at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 29 08:07:42 UTC 2002

Dear All

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some information regarding the existence of any corpus linguistics courses.

Just to give a clearer picture, I have recently completed an MA programme in TEFL, in which I have used concordancers, wordlists etc. using Wordsmith Tools.

I am therefore looking for something reasonably practical for future research/teaching purposes, possibly a summer course, but ideally an on-line or distance-mode course which would cover areas such as parsing, POS tagging, research issues, TEFL classroom possibilities etc. to build on the reasonably basic knowledge that I've got already.

I am not looking for another MA programme in Corpus Linguistics.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Calum Smollett