[Corpora-List] Coding in ICE-GB

Ute Römer ute.roemer at uni-koeln.de
Wed Feb 19 15:47:45 UTC 2003

Dear Stefan and others,

There is no information on this label in the ICE-GB handbook either, but I
suspect the <l> in "concentrations" indicates a line-break ("con" in line x and
"centrations" in line x+1). You indicated that the example is from the written
subsection; in the text the representation may have been "con- centrations".
Maybe the ICE compilers just replaced the hyphen by <l> (just a guess, though;
you could check for <l>s in ICE spoken -- if you find the tag there, my guess
was wrong).

Hope this helps!
Best... Ute