[Corpora-List] Postdoc position at CMU

Yiming Yang yiming at cs.cmu.edu
Sun May 25 17:51:09 UTC 2003

Dear Friends,

We have an opening for a postdoctoral position in the RADAR
(after Radar O'Reilly) project at the Carnegie Mellon University,
sponsored by DoD research grant entitled "Enduring, Personalized,
Cognitive Assistant" (EPCA).  This is a two-year position, starting
immediately, under the supervision by Professor Yiming Yang in the
Language Technology Institute and the Computer Science Department
at the Carnegie Mellon University.

The research will be focused on machine learning approaches to
intelligent email handling.  The technical approaches include hierarchical
categorization (on personalized folders), adaptive filtering,
message prioritization based on the importance of the topic, the
authority of the sender, the urgency of deadlines, the cost of
generating an answer, and so forth.  We will not focus on spam filtering.
We are looking for a new PhD with good text categorization research
background and publication records, and strong programming or good system
building skills.

Interested applicants should email a resume and/or any questions to
Professor Yiming Yang (yiming at cs.cmu.edu).