[Corpora-List] Parallel corcondancer

Chantal Gagnon gagnoch at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 09:08:48 UTC 2003

Dear all,

I am new to this list and was hoping to get a bit of
help from you:)

I am about to start a corpus-based study on Canadian
translated political speeches. I have about 15
speeches, of around 3000 words each. I use discourse
analysis as a methodology. I will have more texts as
time goes by.

I asked to several people around me which software
they are using for their translation studies research.
Some are using Multiconcord or Paraconc. Most of them
started with WordSmith to look at the features of
the texts.

I don't want the software to be too complicated:) I
also would like to know if I really need to buy
Wordsmith and a bilingual concordancer. I am also
curious to know which one is more "popular" among
Translation Scholar, if one of you know...

This is not a question of what is the best
corcondancer, but of which one would best suit my
need!

Thank you in advance for your comments

Chantal Gagnon
PhD Student