[Corpora-List] [E-Job] German-language speech scientist, Edinburgh

Wojciech Skut wojciech at rhetorical.com
Tue Oct 7 12:29:19 UTC 2003

                German-language speech scientist wanted

Rhetorical Systems is seeking to strengthen the development team for
developing the German version of rVoice, our text-to-speech system. We
are
looking for a native German-speaking person in the area of speech
processing. Initially the position is for six months, but the intention
is to
turn this into a permanent position.

The minimum requirement is a solid background in acoustic phonetics and
the
phonetics of German. Candidates with experience in unit selection speech
synthesis are strongly preferred, as are candidates with knowledge of
speech
signal processing. Programming experience in Python or C++ is a definite
advantage. Our development environment is Linux, and a background in one
of
the flavours of Unix is desirable.

Rhetorical Systems is a leading provider of text-to-speech (TTS)
solutions.
We are headquartered in Edinburgh, with offices in London, Boston and
Texas.
Our research and development team, based in Edinburgh, is the largest
and most
experienced text-to-speech team in the world. In addition we have close
links
with the University of Edinburgh, which has distinguished departments
for
Linguistics, Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence, and a long
history
of speech research.

The deadline for applications (email preferred) is Friday 17 October
2003.

If you are interested, send covering letter and CV to:

Art Blokland                                 4 Crichton's Close
Manager, Languages                           Edinburgh EH8 8DT
Rhetorical Systems Ltd                       Scotland
T: ( +44 ) ( 0 ) 131 525 6811                www.rhetorical.com
F: ( +44 ) ( 0 ) 131 525 6888
E: art at rhetorical.com