[Corpora-List] R&D statistical NLP position at eScription

George Zavaliagkos george at escription.com
Fri Jan 30 18:00:11 UTC 2004

eScription is a fast growing company located in Boston, MA, U.S. Our
expertise is to provide solutions that improve the medical transcription
process by utilizing the internet and  background speech recognition and
understanding technologies.  We have a deployed system serving thousands
of medical professionals.

We are growing our R&D group by adding a position for Natural
Language Processing research.

The candidate will work with a talented group of researchers to invent, develop
and deploy corpus based statistical techniques that a) transform and structure
raw speech recognition output into real world, formated documents and b) capture
and mine the structure of these documents.

The candidate should have an in depth understanding of Natural Language
Processing technologies and their applications (including but not limited to
topic change detection and tracking, document retrieval, statistical parsing and
transformation based learning), and should be able to independently access their
applicability to the challenges we face.

Experience with the language modeling component of a large vocabulary speech
recognition system is a plus.

Minimum requirements
--------------------
  - Either a PhD in Natural Language Processing/Computational Linguistics/Speech Processing
    or Masters plus 2 years of relevant work experience
  - Extensive hands on experience with large corpora
  - Strong knowledge of Linux scripting, Perl or Python and C/C++

If you are interested in the position, contact

    George Zavaliagkos
    Manager - Speech Recognition and
    Natural Language Processing Technologies

    george at eScription dot com
    http://www.escription.com