[Corpora-List] Matching software

Nigel Bruce njbruce at hkucc.hku.hk
Wed Dec 28 07:56:07 UTC 2005

I am looking for software that will operate a match between input text - up
to 2,000 words, say - and a corpus in a similar manner to Turnitin
-  except that I will build and control the relevant d-bases the programme
will use.
Another key difference is that whereas Turnitin searches for matches of
strings of over 7 words between input and d-base, I'm looking for "match
failure" of either 2 or 3 words between input and d-base.
I guess you could say I'm looking for an engine that will give me Turnitin
in reverse, picking up the absence of a match between input and corpus, and
colour-coding it.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Nigel Bruce, Hong Kong
.

Nigel Bruce
English Centre
7/F, K.K. Leung Bdg.
University of Hong Kong,
Pokfulam Road,
HONG KONG

E-mail: njbruce at hku.hk
http://ec.hku.hk/njbruce/
Office Tel.: (852) 2859.2023;  Fax: (852) 2547.3409