[Corpora-List] text XML representation for NLP

Nancy Ide ide at cs.vassar.edu
Mon Feb 28 01:18:03 UTC 2005

The XCES pages were modified about a year ago to reflect changes that
have been applied in the American National Corpus. They are relatively
up to date--new version are forthcoming, but not for a couple of
months.

On Feb 27, 2005, at 10:52 AM, Constantin Orasan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have a look at:
> XCES: http://www.xces.org/ and
> EAGLES/ISLE: http://www.mpi.nl/world/ISLE/
>
> Unfortunately these pages haven't been updated for a while. Maybe
> someone will be able to indicate more up-to-date pages.
>
> Regards,
>
> Constantin
>
>> Dear, CORPORA list people,
>>
>>          Right now, I am working on a text XML representation for
>> natural language processing.
>>
>>          The representation is used for representation of any text. It
>> will used for our natural language processing. It will include the
>> layers from base to top of NLP. The base layer may be about the
>> part-of-speech information. The top layer may be about the syntax
>> analysis result or shallow semantic information.
>>
>> As I known, there were so many conferences on XML for NLP. So I guess
>> there is some existed text XML representation for NLP. But I have not
>> found out.
>>
>> Could you give some information about it?
>>
>> Thank you very much!
>>

>> Best wishes;
>>
>> -Bill_Lang

> Constantin Orasan
> Research Group in Computational Linguistics
> University of Wolverhampton
> http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~in6093/

Nancy Ide

Professor  of Computer Science
Vassar College
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604-0520 USA
Tel: +1 845 437-5988 Fax: +1 845 437-7498
ide at cs.vassar.edu

Chercheur Associe
Equipe Langue et Dialogue, LORIA/CNRS
Campus Scientifique - BP 239
54506 Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)3 83 59 20 47 Fax: +33 (0)3 83 41 30 79
ide at loria.fr