[Corpora-List] you vs. contractions (2)

Przemek Kaszubski przemka at amu.edu.pl
Wed Jul 20 15:27:02 UTC 2005

Thanks to all those who have responded so far. The feedback I got
indicates my query may not have been clear enough. What I would really
like to find is texts containing "you" and NO contractions whatsoever in
the same homogenous stretch of discourse (isn't, he's, we've, etc. etc.,
along with those involving 'you').

No interface to the BNC that I  can access allows picking samples on a
negative basis, i.e. those that do NOT contain a given string, let alone
a sum of such negations. I suppose the job could be done with a bit of
text processing, but wanted to first check on the list. For any relevant
literature as well.

Przemek

--
Dr Przemyslaw Kaszubski
+48 61 8293515

PICLE LEARNER CORPUS ONLINE:
http://www.staff.amu.edu.pl/~przemka/picle.html

COMPREHENSIVE CORPORA BIBLIOGRAPHY:
http://www.staff.amu.edu.pl/~przemka

MY SEMINARS:
http://www.staff.amu.edu.pl/~przemka/seminars.htm

ACADEMIC WRITING PAGE (FULL-TIME PROGRAMME):
http://www.staff.amu.edu.pl/~przemka/IFA_writing