[Corpora-List] Looking for a CMC corpus

sara chen elpxo at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 16:29:32 UTC 2005

Dear John,

Thank you very much for the very useful information!

Chen

"John F. Sowa" <sowa at bestweb.net> wrote:
Sara Chen wrote:

> I'm looking for a CMC corpus including correspondence
> via computer either synchronous or asynchronous.
> Or any corpora include part of electronic form
> of correspondence?

The largest available corpus of email is the
collection of Enron emails that were obtained for
the court trials. For more info about that corpus,
type the following to Google:

Enron email

That will give you over 3 million hits, of which
most of the top hits talk about that corpus. If you
type the following three words, you'll get a more
focused collection of 16,700 hits that talk about
analyzing that corpus:

Enron email corpus

John Sowa

http://mail.yahoo.com