[Corpora-List] Lexicon with semantic features needed

Patrick Cassidy pcassidy at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jun 17 13:41:16 UTC 2005

Are there any similar resources -- semantic dictionaries or semantic taggers --
that are freely available without restrictions?  Even for commercial use?

I am trying to organize an effort to develop a common semantic vocabulary that
can serve as an inventory of concepts adequate to specify the meanings of terms
in any domain (Google the acronym ONTACWG for details).  This will allow precise
relations to be found between terms in any community terminology, and provide a
resource for semantic interoperability.   For this project, the core resource --
  the common semantic model -- will have to be available to the public without
restriction (except for acknowledgment of the source), so anything included in
it will have to be similarly unrestricted.

    Pat

Aleem Hossain wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Adam Kilgarriff wrote:
>

>>There are also possibilities for using a semantic
>>tagger such as the one developed at Lancaster
>>
>>http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/research/ucrel/usas/
>

> are there any semantic taggers like this (i.e. that add assign categories
> rather than performing wsd) which are freely available for research?
>
> regards,
> aleem
>
> --
> Aleem Hossain (Research Student)
> Room 144,
> School of Computer Science,
> University of Birmingham,
> Edgbaston,
> Birmingham, B15 2TT
>
> A.Hossain at cs.bham.ac.uk
> +44 (0)121 414 2884 (Internal 42884)
> http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~azh

Patrick Cassidy

MICRA, Inc.                      || (908) 561-3416
735 Belvidere Ave.               || (908) 668-5252 (if no answer above)
Plainfield, NJ 07062-2054

internet:   cassidy at micra.com