[Corpora-List] Custom tagging validator

Jin-Dong Kim jdkim at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Nov 7 02:24:57 UTC 2005

Dear Przemek,

If you would like to test if the file conforms to XML syntax, e.g,
no-boundary-crossing, etc, you can just perform a well-formedness test
without a DTD.
My favorite tool for well-formedness test is xmlwf.

If you would like to test if the XML file contains valid tag-names,
attributes or values, you need to define a DTD for that file and to
perform a validness test with the DTD.
My favorite tool for validness test is xmllint.

I believe you can find open source implementations of both tools.
I am using those coming together with Cygwin.

Best Regards,

Jin-Dong