[Corpora-List] Clouds on the 'banlieues"

Jean Veronis Jean.Veronis at up.univ-mrs.fr
Thu Nov 10 12:25:28 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm sure you've heard of the French "banlieues"

You may be interested in this study. It's in French, apologies, but I am
sure you can get the general idea.
http://aixtal.blogspot.com/2005/11/blogs-banlieues-dans-les-nuages.html

Steps of the processing:

1. Get the URL of blog posts speaking of the riots using the keyword
"banlieues" (Technorati API)
2. Get the full text of posts
3. Extract terms (thanks to Didier Bourigault's Syntex program)
4. Diplay as a "cloud" and link to contexts

Quick and easy (less than an hour of work). Could be fully automated
with very little effort.

I'd be happy to know if other Corporists are working on similar systems.

--
Jean Véronis
  Web:  http://www.up.univ-mrs.fr/veronis