FW: [Corpora-List] Clouds on the 'banlieues"

D.G.Damle D.G.Damle at open.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 14:16:24 UTC 2005

Hi Jean,

I looked at this and found it interesting.  Are you doing anything to look at the relationship between the terms or between the sources where the terms occur?

I am doing something similar.  I use the Google API to collect upto 300 URLs which I then use as a corpus to extract terms using various staistical techniques.  I am using the British National Corpus as a model of the English Language in general to identify terms which will differ their various statistical behaviour in the corpus.  I am experiementing with processing these sources to create a knowledge model involving the terms and their interrationships - tah t is the focus of my research.  The google query etc is just a wayof collection a (somewhat dirty) corpus.

Dileep Damle
Kmi
Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/dileep/