[Corpora-List] Questions about collocations and collocation extraction tools

Serge HEIDEN Slh at ens-lsh.fr
Wed Aug 2 13:24:53 UTC 2006

Le Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:59 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Martin Wynne <martin.wynne at oucs.ox.ac.uk> a écrit :

>> If anyone is interested in how the texts in BNC Baby were actually
>> selected, then please take a look at:
>>
>> http://www.natcorp.ox.ac.uk/corpus/baby/
>>
>> It is clear from this that the text selections were based on David
>> Lee's text classifications, where these were relevant.
>>
>> Please also note that David Lee's classifications are included in the
>> metadata in current and proposed future releases of the BNC.

I am sorry for my out-of-date informations about the BNC, and I am
very pleased to here fresh good news about it.
I have to admit that I have'nt thoroughly traversed the BNC Baby
presentation. That's why I wrote a 'MAY suffer' in my comments.

Please don't consider my paragraph about the BNC Baby in my previous
mail, I was clearly off the point. Nevertheless, I think the "time consuming"
part of it is not completely false.

I remain jealous of the quality of the control of the empirical data
available for the English language.

    [Serge]